Thursday, March 29, 2012

Painting murals, painting furniture, painting anywhere!

Last year we invited a mother and her 2 boys to move in with us after they lost their home. They stayed with us for around 4 months and they were in my 6 year old daughter's bedroom. After they left my 6 year old Abby was sad, she love her boys and she told me the room reminded her of them and made her sad.
We had the idea of a make over. She told me she likes the desk I painted a while ago and she wants her bedroom walls like a sunny sky and Lalaloopsys dolls.
So the desk is this one
and her furniture looks like this

So after sanding, priming, painting and changing the hardware here it is the new look.

Now off to paint the sunny sky.

5 comments:

Jennifer DeDonato said...

adri,
you did a great job...love it.

Jen

Leanne Ellis said...

This looks so beautiful Adri!! :) x

Leanne Ellis said...

This looks so beautiful Adri! :) x

Peaceful Sun - Karina said...

Can't wait to see your Sunny Sky! Great Job!!! Are you going to be in any upcoming art shows? I need another painting for my daughter's room!
Thanks

Adriana Whitney said...

Yes, Karina. I will be in the First Saturday Arts Market this Saturday and September 14 I will be at the Heart of Katy Craft Show. Check my website for all upcoming events, I will be updating them as I get accepted into them www.adrisart.com
Thank you